Monday, July 25, 2011
Monday, July 18, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
If you mention Italian food, the first thing that everyone will think about is pizza. Pizza is Italy and Italy is pizza. We have all eaten the frozen pizzas and they do taste great, but what if you wanted to make one from scratch? Well the above video will teach you how to do just that and I can promise that you will not be left disappointed.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
This is a delicious recipe that tastes wonderful and is easy to prepare. It is one of the few Italian dishes that cannot be accurately represented by Italian frozen food.
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 large tomatoes - peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 tablespoon packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 8 ounces fresh tortellini pasta
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a 5 quart Dutch oven, brown sausage. Remove sausage and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
- Saute onions and garlic in drippings. Stir in beef broth, water, wine, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano, tomato sauce, and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Skim fat from the soup. Stir in zucchini and parsley. Simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add tortellini during the last 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top of each serving.