Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Here's another one of my favorite recipes provided by a juggernaut of the Italian frozen foods world: Bertolli.
1 pouch Bertolli® Premium Champignon & Portobello Mushroom Pasta Sauce
1/2 cup water
8 ounces fresh or thawed frozen gnocchi
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
4 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine Sauce with water in 1-1/2-quart casserole. Add gnocchi, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan and 1 tablespoon basil. Top with remaining cheeses, walnuts and bread crumbs. Bake uncovered 12 minutes or until bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
Posted by ItalianFF at 4:35 PM
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Here's a great recipe from a giant in the Italian frozen foods world. It may not come frozen,but it involves some of Bertolli's products and it is a great way to make a cheap meal that tastes wonderful.
1 bunch green onions
1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
Salt and fresh ground black pepper
3/4 lb. red snapper, skin off, cut into 2 (6-ounce) pieces
Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
1/4 cantaloupe, cut with melon baller
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 to 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Brush onions with 1 tablespoon Bertolli Classico Olive Oil; season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Preheat grill or grill pan. Brush green onions with additional Bertolli Classico Olive Oil and grill until tender, slightly brown and caramelized, approx. 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season fish with salt and fresh ground black pepper on both sides. Heat 2 tablespoons Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil in 12-inch skillet over high heat and cook skin-side down, approx. 4 minutes, pressing lightly with spatula to crisp the skin. Turn and cook 4 minutes or until snapper flakes with fork and is nicely browned on both sides. Let rest.
- Combine melon balls with crumbled feta. Season with a touch of salt, fresh ground black pepper and white balsamic vinegar to taste; set aside.
- Plate grilled onions, place snapper on top and finish with melon salad. Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste, drizzle with Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve.
Posted by ItalianFF at 10:31 AM